In Greece people learn how to consume their olives from their childhood, mainly through the elder members of each family. So this tradition passes from one generation to the next for centuries now.
Here are some ideas on how you can enjoy your olives:
- As a healthy appetizer/snack simply by setting out a small plate of olives on the dinner table along with some vegetable crudites.
- Accompanied with drinks
- Added in various types of salads and basic components of the typical Mediterranean salad.
- Served with bread/crispies
- The brine in which olives are packed can be used as a replacement for salted water in recipes.
- Olive tapenade is a spread that you can use as a dip, sandwich spread, or topping for fish and poultry.
- Toss pasta with chopped olives, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Marinate olives in olive oil, lemon zest, coriander seeds and cumin seeds
- Add chopped olives to your favourite tuna or chicken salad recipe.